- Born in 1920. Parents were killed in 1935 by an American Nazi sympathizer. Thomas Wayne was an avowed and vocal opponent of Hitler.
- Became Batman in 1937. Rose to quick prominence in Gotham by working closely with the police department. Tracked down his parents’ murderer, turned him over for trial. He was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison for murder, conspiracy, etc.
- Announced that Batman was going on hiatus so he could anonymously join the army. Bruce signed up as infantry, but was soon recruited by the Air Force. Served in both the European and Japanese theaters, earning no shortage of commendations and medals for valor and courage.
- Several months after the end of the war, Batman announced his return to Gotham. Invited to join the Justice League by Wonder Woman (who he had met during his time at war). They were married in 1945, and a year later their daughter was born.
- Bruce Wayne is a prominent philanthropist and businessman, akin to Walt Disney. He hires the best and brightest and makes sure they have the money to do good work. WayneTech has divisions for medicine, technology (they are doing some very exciting conceptual work with robotics and computers), and aeronautics (the latter is Bruce’s well-known pet project, given his past as a WWII pilot).
- Bruce Wayne, personally, donates 95% of his salary as owner and CEO of WayneTech to charity — and never his own
- The Wayne Foundation is an incredibly prolific charitable organization and advocacy group. The Wayne Foundation most recently launched a program that provides college tuition and living expense money to underprivileged children who pursue STEM programs.
- Gotham University just opened, last year, the Wayne Laboratory, perhaps the most well-equipped, funded, and scientifically advanced research lab in the country
- Batman is a world-famous hero, a member of the 7-person Justice League
- Superman [Clark Kent]
- Wonder Woman [Diana of Themyscira]
- Batman [Bruce Wayne]
- Green Lantern [Jane Stewart, a black woman]
- The Flash [Wally West]
- Zatanna [a half-Chinese woman]
- Black Canary [Dinah Lance]
- The Wayne Household consists of…
- Diana Wayne-Prince (Wonder Woman)
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Hippolyta “Lyta” Wayne-Prince (age 17, Batman’s sidekick “Huntress”)
- Richard “Dick” Grayson (age 14, adopted, Batman’s sidekick “Robin”)
- Jason Todd (age 10, adopted)